The DCA is supported by it’s members – people who run a cleaning company.
No matter how long you’ve been trading, or how many staff or clients you have, if you are the owner of a UK cleaning company which carries out domestic cleaning as part or all of the services on offer, you can apply for membership.
As a member of the Domestic Cleaning Alliance, you will be part of the only UK trade association for domestic cleaners. Your company name will be listed on our website so that your customers can see that yours is a legitimate, tax-paying, insured organisation.
There is currently no legal obligation for a domestic cleaning company operating in the UK to have any sort of insurance – but at the DCA we insist that all members have taken out insurance before they can join us. Despite this, we regularly receive many applications from uninsured cleaning service providers.
How it works:
- Apply for membership online by clicking here;
- Once your application has been received by the DCA you will asked to supply us with a copy of your current public liability insurance policy and proof that your company is registered with HMRC.
- It will take around two weeks to process your application. If successful, you will then be allocated a DCA membership number and will receive full details of what benefits you will be entitled to at your chosen level, plus your brand new log-in details to access the online members forum.
- As a member of the DCA there is no contract in place to tie you into membership. You are free to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your membership at any time.
- Your membership will be charged monthly and begins on 1st of the month following your application. We charge for membership in arrears , never in advance. This means that you only ever pay us for the month you have just taken.
- For your added security, the DCA uses GoCardless to collect membership fees – we never hold any of your bank details. Once your application has been finalised, GoCardless e-mail you to request you set up a direct debit. Find out more about GoCardless by clicking here. You can cancel your GoCardless instruction at any time, for any reason.